The Enterprise of Mississippi is a regional economic development organization located in north central Mississippi composed of Choctaw and Webster counties. The purpose of The Enterprise is to promote, encourage, foster, and advance economic, industrial, agricultural, commercial, civic and community growth, as well as general business in the counties.
The Enterprise is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees with each county having representatives serving on the Board. The Enterprise Executive Director, Lara Bowman, is responsible for leading the community and economic development efforts to attract and maintain business and industry. The Enterprise was formally established in 2014 with a director being hired in 2015.
The Enterprise of Mississippi:
– Supports existing business and industry by working to retain every job we have in our community.
– Seeks opportunities to help local industry and business expand their operations locally.
– Improves existing and develops new industrial product to use in the recruitment of new industry.
– Advances workforce development initiatives to assist industry and provide opportunity to local residents to improve their skills.
– Fosters relationships with local governments, state and regional organizations to determine the needs of the community and implement programs such as entrepreneurship, leadership, retail development, etc.